Cranberry Smart Client
Paperback book sized, solid state, low power desktop PC
• Fast 64-bit Intel Quad-Core 2.0Ghz processor
• Up to 8 GB RAM
• Able to receive application updates
• Capable of running Microsoft Office 365
• Operating system choices of Ubuntu, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 or no OS
• Low power consumption - as little as 6 watts
• Compact, solid state construction with no fan or other moving parts
Cranberry Zero Client
Exceptional performance with the latest PCoIP technology
• Uses Teradici’s TERA2321 PCoIP chipset
• Delivers the highest level of video performance across one or two displays
• Is inherently secure because the PCoIP protocol transfers images only
• PCoIP is commonly supported in VMware Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environments and Amazon Workspaces
• Devices can be centrally managed using the Teradici PCoIP Management Console
• Easy to manage clients that do not require regular updating or patches
Tivarri was launched in 2010 following the founder’s recognition that existing thin client, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and Desktop as a Service (DaaS) offerings either did not deliver what they said on the tin or were far too complex for most businesses. First, the company built its own DaaS platform, resold through a reseller channel. Tivarri engineers live and breathe thin client and cloud technology. They know what’s good and bad which is why they set out to design a Cranberry Smart Client device to meet the needs of a cloud-enabled world. In 2011 Tivarri acquired the technology behind Cranberry, the original Cranberry Smart Client vendor, and started work on a new ground-breaking device. This was launched in 2014 and initially used a Windows 7 Embedded operating system.
Tivarri was founded by serial entrepreneur and technologist Simon Ponsford. Simon is internationally recognised as a thought leader and expert in low energy computing, cloud technology and disaster recovery. He has extensive experience both in industry and academia.
Tivarri is based in Bath, United Kingdom, a UNESCO World Heritage site famous for its Roman-built baths and 18th-century Georgian architecture.
The Cranberry Smart Client
By combining manageability and Cranberry’s FreshBootTM disk protection functions with a standard Microsoft operating system we have created a computer that is capable of working in both a standard thin client mode and with applications such as Microsoft Office running locally. This is proving particularly attractive to IT decision makers wishing to move to Office 365 with its low cost Hosted Exchange and MS Office subscriptions.
Tivarri specialises in cloud services and hardware designed specifically for connecting to and utilising cloud based services.
To find out more visit the Tivarri website.
Cranberry and Tivarri are registered trademarks of Tivarri Limited. Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Tivarri.
Tivarri Limited is a registered producer under the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations 2007, registration number is WEE/BB2831WY.
Actual results of performance and other specifications may differ or vary with production models and may depend on selected options or usage profile. Designs and specifications are subject to change without notice as Tivarri develops the Cranberry Smart Client.